Ever been concerned about pulling out your iPhone during heavy rain? Ever spilled coffee or wine over an iPhone?
Liquipel claims that they’ve found the solution for your accidental water exposure. While it looks like technology hasn’t gotten us far enough to swim around with our phones, but Liquipel would provide you with the peace of mind that spilling something or getting rain on your phone wouldn’t damage your phone.
The Liquipel permanently bonds on the molecular level to your device, both inside and out, so even if you accidentally drop your phone in water (or any liquid really) you’d be able to continue your phone call, granted you haven’t swum around with it.
Liquipel currently works with a number of devices, including all the Apple iPhone models (iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G), a number of HTC models, the Motorola Droid X/X2 and the Samsung Charge. Check here for a full list of approved devices. Liquipel is in the process of adding new devices so if you don’t see your device listed, feel free to email or call them.
There’s an excerpt of their description of the product in more details:
Liquipel is a revolutionary process that applies a waterproof coating to your electronic device to protect them in the event of accidental exposure to liquids. It is not visible to the human eye, virtually undetectable and Liquipel will not compromise the look, feel, and performance of your electronics.
Liquipel penetrates the entire device as a whole, including all of the vital components inside and out to provide optimal protection against accidental contact with liquids.
Here’s a video of the Liquipel in action on an iPhone.
So how would you go about applying Liquipel to your device?
Pretty simple actually. You ship your phone to Liquipel and you’re given 3 options once Liquipel receives it.
- Standard Liquipel ($59.00) – Liquipel applied within 1-2 of receiving device, free return Ground Shipping (limited promotional offer)
- Priority Liquipel ($69.00) – Liquipel applied within 2 hours of receiving device, free return Ground Shipping (limited promotional offer)
- Liquipel & Gadget Film ($79.00) – Liquipel ‘and’ Gadget Protective Film applied within 1-3 days of receiving device, free return Ground Shipping (limited promotional offer)
Visit Liquipel’s website for more videos and to learn more about how Liquipel works.
- Liquipel’s molecular coating could make your iPhone waterproof without a case (thenextweb.com)
- Liquipel Waterproofs Your iPhone Without A Case (iphonesavior.com)
- Apple and Android Smartphones are now Waterproof with Liquipel Coating (91mobiles.com)
- Liquipel’s Hydrophobic Nanocoating Makes Gadgets Completely Waterproof! (inhabitat.com)
- CES: At Long Last, You Can Shower With Your iPhone (forbes.com)