This past week would have been quite an eventful week for some of you…Apple released an update for their latest Mac OS X “Lion”, version 10.7.3, and although it may have fixed a number of problems it brought a whole new set of problems – crashing apps and CUI bug.
A few solutions have been proposed and hopefully many of you were able to get the problem fixed by now. Apple has since been investigating into the issue and judging from the report by 9to5Mac, it looks like Apple decided to remove the problematic standard 10.7.3 update from its servers completely.
Instead of the standard update, users are now only able to download the Mac OS X 10.7.3 Combo Updater, which has been proposed as one of the solutions to the bug. The Combo Updater somehow circumvents whatever issue the standard updater had and users have been able to update to 10.7.3 without any problems.
As previously mentioned, users should download the Combo Updater from the link below – while Apple has already redirected the previous links for the standard updater as well as the file uploaded onto Software Update to the Combo Updater, so you should be safe from the bugs now if you haven’t updated your Mac to 10.7.3 already.
Users who have already updated to 10.7.3 and been having problems, please visit this post for suggestions on how to fix the bug.
- Apple drops Mac OS X 10.7.3 regular update in favor of combo (macnn.com)
- Apple releases Mac OS X 10.7.3 (macworld.com)
- OS X 10.7.3 Update Issues Fixable in Many Cases with Combo Version (macrumors.com)
- Problems with the OS X 10.7.3 update? Combo updater to the rescue (arstechnica.com)
- Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 Update woes – Here’s how to stop crashing apps and fix the “CUI” bug (digitalcupcake.net)
- Apple posts Mac OS X 10.7.3 with new languages, RAW (electronista.com)
- OS X 10.7.3 causing CUI errors for some, Combo Update recommended (tuaw.com)