Update 2/14/12 Snapseed has gone FREE for a limited time! $4.99 down to $0.00! Grab a copy of the app while you can! Enjoy!
There are just 2 apps that I use for my personal photos, the Camera+ and Snapseed. I usually use the two in conjunction with another – Snapseed to edit my photos and apply filters and/or borders using Camera+. Filters and borders are available on Snapseed as well, but to me at least, Camera+ excels more in those departments.
I’ve been dying to post a review on Snapseed but simply because Snapseed’s functions are so extensive, it was difficult to portray exactly what the app could do in text.
Snapseed was awarded Apple’s iPad App of the Year 2011 and is currently available on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and recently released on Mac OS X. Snapseed for iOS comes with native iPhone and iPad versions combined for $4.99. With the number of free and $0.99 apps available, you might hesitate at the $4.99 price tag but I assure you, you won’t be disappointed.
For those that want to work on Snapseed on their computers, Snapseed for Mac OS X is available on the Mac App Store for $19.99.
Snapseed for Mac OS X
Snapseed for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
Snapseed for Android is currently under development and is expected to be available soon.
- Daily iPad app: Snapseed (tuaw.com)
- Snapseed Photo Editor Now Available In The Mac App Store (cultofmac.com)
- Popular iOS Photo Editing App Snapseed Is Making Its Way To The Mac App Store Very Soon (cultofmac.com)
- Apple’s iPad app of the year, Snapseed, coming to Mac and Android tablets (Jennifer Van Grove/VentureBeat) (techmeme.com)
- Instagram, Snapseed picture-perfect in Apple’s best of 2011 (gigaom.com)