Samsung is reportedly working on bringing the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to the Samsung Galaxy Note and Galaxy S II as early as March 1st (between March and May), according to mobile analyst Eldar Murtazin, AndroidGuys reports.
Galaxy note and other samsung models will get update to ics from march to may. Depends from carrier/country. – @eldarmurtazin
According to AndroidGuys, Murtazin has been accurate with his reports so it adds to some credibility amongst the many rumors that we’ve been hearing so far about the ICS updates as well as the official release of the Galaxy S III (or Galaxy S II Plus).
All bets are off until we hear the official word from Samsung, but rumors often do base off from reliable insider sources, so I say it’s still safe to hold our breath in expectation of the update to drop around March.
Gingerbread on my Galaxy Note is working quite well, however I can’t wait to get my hands on my Note, powered by the Ice Cream Sandwich!
- Murtazin: The Samsung Galaxy S II Will See Ice Cream Sandwich On March 1 (techcrunch.com)
- Eldar Murtazin: Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note gets Ice Cream Sandwich on March 1 (ubergizmo.com)
- Ice Cream Sandwich tipped to hit Samsung Galaxy S II, Galaxy Note from March 1 (thenextweb.com)
- Rumor: Samsung to upgrade the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note to Ice Cream Sandwich on March 1st (technologytell.com)
- Alleged Samsung Galaxy III details bubbling to the surface (reviews.cnet.com)
- Samsung Is Preparing A Pink Galaxy Note: Report (pocketnow.com)
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note official launch date announced, pre-order via Best Buy (digitalcupcake.net)
- Samsung Ice Cream Sandwich phone press shot faked? (ubergizmo.com)