My current iPad has the 1024×768 display and I only guessed how great the display on the iPad 3 would look, until now. Clkoener (via OSXDaily) put together this neat comparison graphic to show us the relative number of pixels on various devices, including the iPad 3.
As you could see from the graphic, the rumored ‘Retina Display’ of the iPad 3 will sport a higher resolution than a 1080p Full HD screen packed into a 9.7-inch display – sweetness indeed. As Clkoener notes, “That’s a lot of pixels. You could watch a full resolution HD movie and still have some space for content. On a 9.7 inch screen!” – and I truly agree…can’t wait!
- An iPad 3 ‘Retina Display’ Comparison Graphic (macrumors.com)
- Retina Display iPad 3 Would Have More Pixels Than Most Macs [Chart] (cultofmac.com)
- Leaked iPad 3 photo suggests minor changes to iPad 2 design – think larger battery and camera tweaks (digitalcupcake.net)
- Purported Pictures of iPad 3′s Rear Casing Emerge (wired.com)
- Sharp display panel for iPad 3 spotted? (ubergizmo.com)
- Possible Sharp-made iPad 3 display emerges at parts reseller (electronista.com)
- iPad 3 Retina Display Compared To Other iOS Devices (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Apple TV To Get Refresh At March iPad 3 Announcement [Rumor] (cultofmac.com)