Update 4/20/12 Only been a day and Instagram releases yet another update. Slated as version 1.0.6, this version allows Lux on supported Samsung Galaxy Ace devices as well as ‘various bug fixes and improvements’. The Update is available on Google Play.
Update 4/19/12 Another update by Instagram Android folks. The version is 1.0.5 now offers added support for the Samsung Galaxy Y (GT-S5360) and additional bug fixes for some Froyo devices. You should grab the update from the Google Play Store but if you don’t have access to the APK directly (i.e. Kindle Fire folks), check out this thread at XDA Developers.
#Instagram has been buzzing through the internet with its $1 billion deal with Facebook and in the midst of all this, Instagram releases yet another update to its beloved social photo sharing app. This marks its fourth update since its launch in April 3, noted as version 1.0.4.
Here’s what’s included in the candy bag this time around:
- Bug fixes for tablet users
- Location for photo geotag is updated more often
- Fixed Instagram photos not appearing in gallery
- Better support for Nvidia Tegra 3 handsets/tablets
- Increased device support for Instagram built-in camera and filters, including the HTC One X
Yes, you read it correctly. This new version of Instagram (finally) supports the HTC One X.
Surely the HTC One X users would and should jump on this update right away and join the fun along with the 5 million+ Android users who have occupied what used to be the exclusive iOS membership lounge.
For others that have been experiencing issues (force close, “Your device isn’t compatible with this version, etc) with the Instagram for Android, hopefully this update would cure of all your problems. One of the reasons why users ran into problems was due to the incompatibility with the app and the device’s camera/filters, and it appears like this 1.0.4 update directly addresses this issue.
So head on over to the Google Play Store for your update or simply snap this Instagram QR code with your favorite QR code reader.
Did this update cure of all the troubles that you’ve been experiencing with the app? Are you still having issues? Please let us know in comments!
And…of course, enjoy #Instagramming!
- Photo App EyeEm Almost Doubles Engagement Post-Instagram Acquisition (betakit.com)
- Instagram Android updated to support tablets, SD installation and more (digitalcupcake.net)
- Facebook to Buy Instagram for $1 Billion (ubergizmo.com)
- Bye bye Instagram (tidb.wordpress.com)